Morningstar ProStar MPPT Solar Charge Controller/Regulator 25A w/Digital Display
For Lead Acid, Gel, AGM, Lithium & NiCDSKU: PS-MPPT-25M
Morningstar ProStar 25A MPPT Solar Charge Controller/Regulator w/Digital Display
Prostar MPPT™ solar charge controller is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 1100 watts. All versions include load control and TrakStar™ Technology to maximize PV efficiency and energy harvest.
The ProStar design has been proven in over two decades of use in the world’s most demanding installations—and ProStar today reflects Morningstar’s policy of continuous improvement through regular upgrades and enhancements. Because Morningstar’s employee-owned culture never “rests on success,” ProStar customers can own both a legend and the latest in a single product.
“Best of the best. Have used and seen many others. This is the most durable…”
Watch the videos (below) see what makes ProStar MPPT different from the inside out.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- High Reliability – conformally coated circuit board, corrosion resistant terminals, premium high-frequency CoilCraft inductors, over-spec’d components, transient surge suppression, and lowest published failure rate in the industry.
- Automatic PV Based Lighting Control – field adjustable, multi-event load control enables powerful options for PV lighting systems.
- Maximizes Energy Harvest – using TrakStar MPPT Technology to determine and adjust to the true maximum power point as solar insolation changes throughout the day.
- MODBUS Communications – Solar Industry Standard MODBUS communications protocol allows for easy programming, control, remote data access and charge synchronization.
- SNMP Monitoring – when used with the EMC-1 accessory to enable your network management systems to display key solar power metrics and alert/fault codes.
- High Efficiency – at low, medium, and high output power levels to maximize energy harvest and minimize heat buildup inside the controller.
- High Strength – polycarbonate case and extruded aluminum heatsink.
- Data Logging – up to 256 days of detailed power and load data.
- Self Diagnostics – continuous monitoring and reporting of any errors through its status LED’s, optional display or communication port.
- Low Noise Design – meets US Federal Communications Commission Class B specifications.
- Digital Display (aka meter) – allows adjustments to charging, lighting, and load control settings without a computer.
- Fanless design for long-term reliability–no moving parts to fail, no dirt and debris sucked into the controller, and no parasitic load to reduce efficiency.
A. Premium high-frequency CoilCraft surface mount inductors: They’re worth it, because they provide the faster power “tracking” that lets us engineer this much power and control into a compact design.
B. High-frequency design: Combined with premium, “over-spec’d” components, this greatly improves control response which guards against system transients, regulation overshoot and overcurrent/overload conditions
C. Built-in 4500W Transient Voltage Surge Suppression for lightning protection: Nature do your worst–this controller can take it
D. Large diameter, high torque, corrosion resistant terminals: If you’ve ever trashed a lesser terminal during an installation, you’ll appreciate some “overkill” here
E. DirectFET™ MOSFET power devices: Allows the surface-mounting of critical components underneath the main board next to the heat sink, which reduces heat travel distance and keeps the controller even cooler
F. Highly-conductive aluminum heatsink extrusion: As distinct from cast aluminum, which is less effective in passive cooling applications
G. Communications/data port with serial/meter auto detect: “Talks solar” with standard industry language, for system monitoring and cloud connectivity-speaks Modbus, and SNMP (with the EMC-1)
H. Lithium foldback circuit: Lithium batteries are expensive and vulnerable to cold temperatures. When it gets close to freezing, the controller backs-off charging to avoid damaging batteries
I. High-speed ARM processor: All-digital calibration for high accuracy, using the same efficient technology found in advanced mobile device
J. TrakStar™ Technology: Morningstar’s hallmark MPPT technology precisely seeks and locks onto the true maximum power point quickly and accurately, to ensure the highest output possible from a solar array
K. Large format, high-resolution backlit LCD: When you’ve been in the field installing, you appreciated being able to read a crisp, high contrast display on site
L. 5 year warranty: Up to 2 1/2 times longer than some competitors in this class
M. Self-diagnostics: ProStar is smart enough to monitor and analyze system performance, and alert you when you need to know
N. High temperature architecture: Heat is the enemy of all electronics. That’s why Prostar’s critical components are rated to withstand temperatures right up to the boiling point of water (100°C)
O. Lexan polycarbonate UL listed case: Protects the precision electronics inside with an impact strength 30 times greater than the acrylic thermoplastics commonly found on lesser controllers
P. Cooling Fan: Just kidding. There is no cooling fan needed by design
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Sunergy Solar users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.