Lead Carbon Battery 12V/106Ah
Sunergy is a Victron specialist and Victron distributor. We have been installing Victron products for Off Grid, Energy Storage and RV for several years.
Victron hallmarks include innovation, quality, high efficiency and reliability.
12V LEAD CARBON BATTERY BENEFITS:
The most common failure modes of flat plate VRLA batteries are:
- Softening or shedding of the active material: During discharge the lead oxide (PbO2) of the positive plate is transformed into lead sulfate (PbSO4), and back to lead oxide during charging. Frequent cycling will reduce cohesion of the positive plate material due to the higher volume of lead sulfate compared to lead oxide.
- Corrosion of the grid of the positive plate: This corrosion reaction accelerates at the end of the charge process due to the, necessary presence of sulfuric acid.
- Sulfation of the active material of the negative plate: During discharge, the lead (Pb) of the negative plate is also transformed into lead sulfate (PbSO4). When left in a low state-of-charge, the lead sulfate crystals on the negative plate grow and harden and form and impenetrable layer that cannot be reconverted into active material. The result is decreasing capacity, until the battery becomes useless.
Lead carbon offers better partial state-of-charge performance, more cycles, and higher efficiency: Replacing the active material of the negative plate by a lead carbon composite potentially reduces sulfation and improves charge acceptance of the negative plate. The advantages of lead carbon therefore are:
- Less sulfation in case of partial state-of-charge operation.
- Lower charge voltage and therefore higher efficiency and less corrosion of the positive plate.
- And the overall result is improved cycle life.
Tests have shown that Victron lead carbon batteries withstand at least five hundred 100% DoD cycles. The tests consist of a daily discharge to 10,8V with I = 0.2C₂₀, followed by approximately two hours rest in discharged condition, and then a recharge with I = 0.2C₂₀.
- ≥ 500 cycles @ 100% DoD (discharge to 10,8V with I = 0.2C₂₀, followed by approximately two hours rest in discharged condition, and then a
- recharge with I = 0.2C₂₀)
- ≥ 1000 cycles @ 60% DoD (discharge during three hours with I = 0.2C₂₀, immediately followed by recharge at I = 0.2C₂₀)
- ≥ 1400 cycles @ 40% DoD (discharge during two hours with I = 0.2C₂₀, immediately followed by recharge at I = 0.2C₂₀)
Lead carbon batteries are largely untested for heavy duty RV installation meaning AGM remains the preferred choice of lead based batteries. If however you don't expect excessive vibrations, Lead Carbon will offer similar life span performance to Gel which offers longer service life than AGM. When used in a parallel configuration, Sunergy recommends not having more than 3 strings in parallel. We also recommend wiring them in such a way as to ensure the best cell balancing possible.
RECOMMENDED CHARGE VOLTAGE:
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Sunergy Solar users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.